Leonard Kunka’s litigation practice is dedicated to helping victims and families who are coping with the effects of life-changing injuries.
Leonard’s father suffered a devastating traumatic brain injury many years ago, and the experience of living with a family member who was recovering from a traumatic brain injury spurred his desire to devote his professional life to helping others who are going through a similar experience.
Dealing with a brain injured family member has given Leonard a unique understanding of the challenges faced by an individual with a head injury, and created in him a compassion and empathy for injured persons and their families.
This experience, together with Leonard’s many years of practice devoted solely to helping seriously injured individuals and their families, has allowed Leonard to develop the most effective and efficient methods of getting injured persons the treatment, rehabilitation, care and compensation they require, so that they can get back to as normal a life as possible.
Leonard has been a partner at Thomson Rogers since 1989, and he has extensive trial experience, successfully representing seriously injured individuals and their families, in all types of injury cases.
Leonard has the honour of having been selected by his peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers (TM) in Canada since 2010 in the field of personal injury litigation. He has also had the honour of having been selected by his peers to be published in the The Canadian Legal Lexpert® Directory as a leading practitioner in the field of Personal Injury Litigation.
Client Video Testimonials
Year of Call
- Bachelor of Arts, University of Toronto (1980)
- Bachelor of Laws, Osgoode Hall Law School (1983)
- Certified Specialist (Civil Litigation)
- LEXPERT® Ranked Lawyer
- Listed in The Best LawyersTM in Canada since 2010
- Martindale-Hubbell® Ranked Lawyer
- The Advocates’ Society
- The Canadian Bar Association (CBA)
- Ontario Trial Lawyers Association (OTLA)
- The Medico-Legal Society of Toronto
- The Metropolitan Toronto Lawyers Association (MTLA)
- American Association for Justice
- Past Director of the Community Head Injury Rehabilitation Services of Toronto and Region (CHIRS)
- Member of the Advisory Committee for the Osgoode Certificate in Clinical Risk Program
- Member of FAIR (Fair Association of Victims for Accident Insurance Reform)