Lawyer Referral Program
The Thomson Rogers Referral Program is designed to provide those in Ontario with access to excellent legal representation for personal injury claims.
To refer a file, review the Law Society-compliant Referral Fee Agreement.
Since opening our doors in Toronto in 1936, Thomson Rogers has earned a reputation for taking on the most complex and challenging litigation matters — and delivering results. We respect the relationships that referring lawyers have with their clients and we do not accept any retainers from their clients for other work, except at the request of referring lawyers.
Thomson Rogers has the expertise to achieve the best result for your clients. Our team includes lawyers who are:
- Listed in The Best Lawyers™ in Canada
- Ranked by Lexpert
- AV Preeminent® ranked by Martindale-Hubbell
- Certified Specialist (Civil Litigation) by the Law Society of Ontario
Thomson Rogers will provide:
- Free initial consultation — we often meet new clients at their home, office or in the hospital if they have not yet been able to return home
- Qualified members of our team to ensure the best possible result
- Funding for expert opinions and disbursements
- Help in accessing and coordinating an effective rehab team and retaining the best experts
- An interpreter whenever required
- Regular updates as agreed with the client
Our goal is simple: to pursue our clients’ best interests honourably and vigorously.
Fees and the new Law Society rules
Lawyers who refer files to our Personal Injury Group can earn a referral fee.
In April of 2017, the Law Society implemented new rules regarding the payment of referral fees between licensees. Further, the Law Society now requires that a specific form be completed by the referring lawyer, the receiving lawyer, and the client in order for a referral fee to be paid in compliance with Law Society’s Rules of Professional Conduct. Thomson Rogers ensures that its Referral Fee Agreements are Law Society-compliant.
To learn more about our program please contact us.