Stem cell transplantation for spinal cord injury
April 16, 2013
Dr. Charles Tator, CM, MD, PhD, FRCSC FACS, made a special presentation at the Back to School Conference.
In this video, Dr Tator covers the following topics:
- Why it has been extremely difficult to develop effective strategies to improve recovery after spinal cord injury
- Neural or Non-Neural Cells – which are better for transplantation?
- Endogenous vs. Exogenous (transplanted) Neural Stem Cells? — which source is better?
- Developmental Age of the Transplanted Cells – Embryonic, Fetal, Neonatal, or Adult?-which is better?
- If adult cells, what is best source of cells? Spinal Cord or Brain?
View PDF version of the presentation.