Assistance Options for Personal Injury
September 22, 2022
Workplace Safety and Insurance Board (WSIB)
- If you were injured at work or during the course of your employment.
- Claims must be made within 6 months of the injury.
- In work-related accidents involving an automobile, you may have the right to elect to receive accident benefits and pursue a tort claim, rather than accept WSIB benefits.
Criminal Injuries Compensation Board (CICB)
- If you were a victim of crime.
- A claim should be filed with the Board within 2 years from the date of the incident.
Ontario Human Rights Commission (OHRC)
- If you have been discriminated against or inappropriately terminated from your employment.
Canada Pension Plan (CPP)
- If you have questions regarding retirement pension, disability benefits, death benefit, children’s benefits, and survivor’s pension.
Ontario Brain Injury Association (OBIA)
- OBIA will be able to put you in touch with appropriate, local brain injury associations located across Canada and the United States.
- These are not-for-profit organizations that can help you and your family deal with the effects of brain injury.
- They can provide resources for programs and services available in your community.
Spinal Cord Injury Ontario (SCIO)
- A not-for-profit organization to assist people with spinal cord injuries.