Patrick D. Schmidt
In January of 2019, after 34 years with Thomson Rogers, Patrick Schmidt retired from the firm.
If you are seeking a consultation with another qualified family lawyer, please click HERE
Patrick D. Schmidt was admitted to The Law Society of Ontario in 1979 and Certified as a Specialist in Family Law since 1992. He had a Bachelor of Arts from the University of Toronto (1974) and a Bachelor of Laws from Queen’s University Faculty of Law (1977). Patrick Schmidt was a senior family law practitioner and a partner at Thomson Rogers in Toronto.
The Best Lawyers in Canada included Patrick in its annual listing since the publication’s first edition in 2006; The Canadian Legal Lexpert® Directory ranked him as Consistently Recommended. His rating in LexisNexis Martindale-Hubbell was BV distinguished – very high.
Patrick Schmidt’s practice concentrated on matrimonial litigation with a focus on financial issues. He was a frequent presenter at continuing legal education and advocacy programs. Patrick Schmidt is a former appointee of the Chief Justice of the Superior Court of Ontario to the Ontario Family Law Rules Committee (1992–2004 and 2012-2016) and the Ontario Civil Rules Committee (2005–2011). He was a member of the International Academy of Family Lawyers, The Advocates’ Society, the Ontario and Canadian Bar Associations.
Patrick retired from practice in 2019.
Year of Call1979
- Bachelor of Arts, University of Toronto (1974)
- Bachelor of Laws, Queens University Faculty of Law (1977)
- LEXPERT Ranked Lawyer
- Listed in Best Lawyers® Canada since 2006
- Martindale-Hubbell Ranked Lawyer
- The Advocates’ Society
- The Canadian Bar Association
- The Family Law Rules Committee for Ontario (1992-2004)
- The Civil Rules Committee for Ontario
- The Metropolitan Toronto Lawyers Association
- The International Academy of Family Lawyers
- Dispute Resolution Officer of the Superior Court of Justice