Expert Reports and Hospital Records-Best Practices
Author(s): Stephen M. Birman
December 2, 2016
On December 2, 2016, Stephen Birman, a personal injury lawyer and partner at Thomson Rogers, presented, “Expert Reports and Hospital Records-Best Practices” to health care professionals at The Scarborough Hospital.
Stephen’s presentation covered some of the following topics:
- Who is an expert?
- 3 Types of Reports
- Are you obligated to prepare a report?
- Cost of Records
- Hospital Records and Medical Charts
- Duty of an Expert
- What An Expert Report Must Contain as per Rule 53
- Tips for Preparing Reports
- Common Problems with Medical Reports According to CMPA
- Interaction Between Experts and Lawyers
- Preparation for Trial
- Testifying in Court