After 40 years with Thomson Rogers, Alan Farrer retired from the firm in March of 2019.
If you are seeking a consultation with another qualified lawyer in class actions, click on this links: Class Action.
Alan was called to the bar in 1981 and has been Certified by the Law Society of Ontario as a Specialist in Civil Litigation for many years. His practice focused primarily on complex litigation and class actions. He had over 35 years of experience as a trial lawyer in Ontario and strived to use the skills developed over that time to resolve matters for clients quickly and economically.
Alan argued cases in all levels of Court in Canada, including the Ontario Court of Appeal and the Supreme Court of Canada.
Alan was the firm’s managing partner for over 20 years.
Year of Call
- Bachelor of Laws, University of Western Ontario Faculty of Law (1979)
- Certified Specialist (Civil Litigation)
- American Association for Justice
- Listed in The Best LawyersTM in Canada since 2013
- Martindale-Hubbell Ranked Lawyer
- The Advocates’ Society
- The Canadian Bar Association
- The American Association for Justice (Association of Trial Lawyers of America)
- Past Executive Director of The Arbitration and Mediation Institute of Ontario