The Coming Changes to Ontario Auto Legislation: Accident Benefits & Tort
Author(s): Darcy R. Merkur
September 22, 2015
At this year’s conference, hosted by the Personal Injury Alliance (PIA Law) and Toronto ABI Network, personal injury lawyers Darcy Merkur and Ryan Murray provided an overview of the upcoming changes to Ontario auto legislation with specific emphasis on Accident Benefits and Tort.
A few of the changes addressed in their presentation were:
- Major reductions to statutory accident benefits (for accidents on or after June 1, 2016);
- A narrowing of the definition of “catastrophic impairment” (for accidents on or after June 1, 2016); and,
- An increase to the tort deductible (as of August 1, 2015).
- Tab A: Ontario Regulation 251/15
- Tab B: New Amended Statutory Accident Benefits Schedule 34/10
- Tab C: Comparison Chart – Current CAT definition with the new CAT definition
PowerPoint Presentation: The Coming Changes to Ontario Auto Legislation: ABs & Tort